As part of our mission to reduce the School's carbon footprint we are launching the HomeRun App to help to reduce the number of cars on the road. This app will enable you to connect with other Senior and Junior parents to coordinate journeys to and from School and hence reduce our carbon footprint. This is proving highly successful in other local schools.
The HomeRun App will replace the existing Travel Buddy Scheme and our annually published lists of home addresses. This independently developed App provides an innovative, secure, digital platform that allows parents to search for both Junior and Senior NLCS families living nearby (by distance from your home location, rather than by address which remain private), to coordinate journeys and to share information. It will enable you to:
- See who lives nearby – this may provide you with opportunities to share car travel/lifts to save time and the expense of driving to school.
- Contact other parents securely and share personal contact information on a needs only basis.
- Receive information promptly about any changes to the arrival times of girls returning from trips and school events.
- Ensure safer travel for your daughters to use buses or trains by sharing travel arrangements.
- Receive up to date information on travel and environment initiatives.
The app will also provide the School with anonymised journey information that we can use to promote new environmentally sustainable travel initiatives and will support us in developing our travel plans with Harrow Council and TfL.
You will only be asked to update your travel information once each term and this will help us to monitor progress towards achieving our carbon neutral goal.
Please support us by signing up to the HomeRun App as this will enable you to see who lives in your area, contact other parents individually, share travel arrangements and you will also be supporting our commitment to becoming carbon neutral by 2030.
Please follow the activation link below on a computer or your mobile:
NLCS Activation Link: https://user.homerun-app.com/welcome/nl9347p/nlcs
If you have any further questions please contact the Operations Team via email@example.com or by calling 0208 951 490.