Joining at 7+
Admission to the Junior School (8 to 10 places)
Registration for 7+ entry in 2022 is now open.
Entry into Year 3 is at age 7. Therefore, girls for entry in September 2022 must have a date of birth between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015. Registration for entry in 2022 is now open and closes on 5 November 2021.
The assessment process is in two stages. The first stage involves preliminary written tests which assess literacy and numeracy. In the assessments, we are looking to discover what the girls can do, not what they can’t do. For the first stage tests, candidates will be expected to:
- Write an imaginative story using full sentences and some interesting vocabulary.
- Read fluently with understanding and give answers to written questions.
- Write the answers to these questions in simple sentences.
- Understand the concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication and 'sharing'/division and be able to apply these rules in order to solve word problems.
- Know the 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 times tables.
- Have a basic understanding of shape, time and money.
- Interpret simple tables and charts.
Selected girls are called back for the second stage of the process which consists of a day at school, where they will be taught as a class and experience the learning and excitement of a busy school day at North London.
We are looking for girls who have a love of learning and are interested in a wide range of subjects. They need to be prepared to take on new challenges and throw themselves into the variety of activities that are on offer.
KEY DATES FOR 7+ ADMISSIONS FOR 2022 ENTRY:
Saturday 1 May 2021
Friday 5 November 2021
7+ First Round Assessments:
Friday 19 November 2021
7+ Second Round Assessment:
|Tuesday 7 December 2021|
7+ Offers Notified:
Friday 28 January 2022
7+ Acceptance Deadline:
Wednesday 9 March 2022, at 12.00 noon
For further information about joining the Junior School, please contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org