Joining at 7
Admission to the Junior School (8 to 10 places)
Girls enter Year 3 of the Junior School at the age of 7. Thus, for September 2020 entry, girls must have a date of birth between 1st September 2012 and 31st August 2013.
Online registration for 2020 entry is now open. To register please use the link to the Application Form under the ‘Key dates’ below.
The assessment process is in two stages. The first stage involves preliminary written tests which assess literacy and numeracy. In the assessments we are looking to discover what the girls can do, not what they can’t do. For the first stage tests, candidates will be expected to:
- Write an imaginative story using full sentences and some interesting vocabulary.
- Read fluently with understanding and give answers to written questions.
- Write the answers to these questions in simple sentences.
- Understand the concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication and 'sharing'/division and be able to apply these rules in order to solve word problems.
- Know the 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 times tables.
- Have a basic understanding of shape, time and money.
- Interpret simple tables and charts.
Selected girls are called back for the second stage of the process which consists of a day at school, where they will be taught as a class and experience the learning and excitement of a busy school day at North London.
We are looking for girls who have a love of learning and are interested in a wide range of subjects. They need to be prepared to take on new challenges and throw themselves into the variety of activities that are on offer.
KEY DATES FOR 7+ ADMISSIONS FOR 2020 ENTRY
Wednesday 1st May 2019
Friday 8th November 2019
7+ First Round Assessments:
Friday 29th November 2019
7+ Second Round Assessment:
Monday 20th January 2020
7+ Offers Posted:
Friday 31st January 2020 (TBC)
7+ Acceptance Deadline:
Friday 7th February 2020
(by 12 Noon)
To register your daughter for 2020 entry please complete our Application Form.
Please take the opportunity to visit us by clicking on our ‘Open Events’ area of our website.
For further information about joining at 7, please contact Christine Wallace, Admissions Offer.