As part of our mission to reduce the School's carbon footprint we launched the HomeRun App to help to reduce the number of cars on the road. This app enables you to connect with other Senior and Junior parents to coordinate journeys to and from School and hence reduce our carbon footprint. This is proving highly successful.
The HomeRun App will replaced the old Travel Buddy Scheme and our annually published lists of home addresses. This independently developed App provides an innovative, secure, digital platform that allows parents to search for both Junior and Senior NLCS families living nearby (by distance from your home location, rather than by address which remain private), to coordinate journeys and to share information. It will enable you to:
- See who lives nearby – this may provide you with opportunities to share car travel/lifts to save time and the expense of driving to school.
- Contact other parents securely and share personal contact information on a needs only basis.
- Receive information promptly about any changes to the arrival times of girls returning from trips and school events.
- Ensure safer travel for your daughters to use buses or trains by sharing travel arrangements.
- Receive up to date information on travel and environment initiatives.
The app also provides the School with anonymised journey information that we can use to promote new environmentally sustainable travel initiatives and will support us in developing our travel plans with Harrow Council and TfL.
If you have any further questions please contact the Operations Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 8951 6490.